Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cool idea

I was flipping through a Signals catalog this evening and something caught my eye: recycled wine bottle glasses. I've been looking for some unique drinking glasses (not for drinking wine, just for water or whatever). These only cost $30 for a set, and I briefly thought about buying some for myself for Christmas, until I realized they were only 4 to a set, and I thought . . . why not make my own?? I don't have the tools to actually do it myself, but I plan to call our local glass shop and see if they could handle a project like this. I have 8 bottles in varying colors (blues and greens, though 3 of them need to be emptied first . . . shouldn't be a problem) but I'll post a picture if I ever get around to doing this. (The picture here, of course, is just for the concept.)

No comments:

Post a Comment