Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cantina Crociani Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG 2006 Montepulciano, Siena, Italy

I think I have found my perfect wine. Sure, it's a cuvée, but it works for me. So smooth and rich! I can't wait to open my bottle... but I don't want to open it yet because then it will be gone. Twelfth anniversary coming up in about two weeks... I sniff a good reason to open that bottle! After that, what will I do?? I am trying to decide if it is really good enough to have six bottles shipped to me... for 162€. At least that would be cheaper than going back to Italy to get some, and anyway, if I did that I could only bring 2 bottles back with me! Meanwhile I'll keep trying other kinds that are easier to get.

A side note on Crociani wines: I also tasted their Rosso, which was good but nothing compared to the Vino Nobile, and the 2005 Riserva which was better than the red but more dry and less velvety as compared to the 2006. The reserve was good enough to buy a bottle but I liked the 2006 the best! I think the reserve is supposed to be better, judging by the fact that it was slightly more expensive, but what do I know. As Hud says, I'm a cheap date.

No comments:

Post a Comment