Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lindemans Bin 65 Chardonnay 2006 Australia

Another good gimme from Carole (thank you, Carole!) although I do remember preferring the other bottle she gave me. Too bad I can't remember it enough to describe it, BUT here is how it is described on the bottle: "Stonefruit and melon flavors with a soft, smooth finish." I don't even know what a stonefruit is. Must be an Aussie thing.

Here is a more flowery description I found on the same web site where I found this picture of the bottle: "A delightful Chardonnay nose with touches of melon, tropical fruit, peaches and nectarines. A subtle note of spice completes the offering. Full bodied and soft with bright varietal flavours of pineapple and fig. The palate is creamy and smooth with light touches of spice that define the long, stylish finish." Funny thing is, to me it sounds like those could be descriptions of two completely different bottles of wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment