Friday, September 17, 2010

Quady Electra Orange Muscat (didn't get the year) California

I was thrilled to try a new wine at Wine Club Book Club tonight. This was another light and fresh Muscat and it was quite good. To me, it tasted a bit more sweet than both of the Purple Cow Muscats I've tried, but I still enjoyed it. It's a low-alcohol wine (just barely beyond grape juice) but it paired nicely with our book discussion.

Here's the winemaker's description:

"With the first sip you feel the wine--light as springtime, delicately sweet, refreshingly crisp, a bouquet of flowers with the taste of peach and melon. Electra is electricity for the mouth!"
I don't know about the electricity part, but I definitely agree that it's light, sweet and crisp.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, had a great weird wine with a screw cap! that I loved and thought you might like to try,it's called Sin Zin The name alone is almost enough. It's a 2008 Zinfandel from the Alexander valley and we had it with Indian food so it will stand up really well to powerful flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have actually seen that one at my local wine store but have not tried it yet. I will have to give it a go! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete