Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Alamos Malbec 2008 Mendoza, Argentina

I found another good one! It's a deep, dark, purplish red, and it smelt of elderberries. (Not really. I have no idea what elderberries smell like, actually. I just had a small Monty Python moment). I'm having a little bit of trouble smelling this wine, as I was given a very nice-smelling hand soap for Christmas by my good friend Margaret, and that's sort of all I can smell. I tried holding the goblet at the base and nearly poured the wine up my nose. So for tonight I'm just going to have to go with a combination of "it smells good" and "it smells like wine." Which is the same thing, really.

I seem to have lost all my descriptors tonight, because all I can think to add is "it tastes great too." It's a little acidic, but not in a bad way, and has a great flavor. Nice legs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment