Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bodega Norton Torrontes 2006 Mendoza Argentina

I am about to come to the conclusion that I just don't like white wine. Well, I did like the Gewürztraminer I had last May. But so far with every other white I've been striking out. I guess I'd never even heard of a Torrontes before I saw this one at the Party Factory, but I think I wasn't missing anything.

I will admit that with this one I wasn't paying enough attention as I drank (I really didn't note any specific scents or flavors this first time around) because I was just drinking it with dinner, but I really didn't enjoy it much. Wait, back up. I want to make sure you realize that, for the most part, even wine I don't like very much is still enjoyable. But for me, this wine just widened the gap between reds and whites.

I will say that, as I mentioned before, I started off drinking this wine with supper, which was fish with broccoli and carrots. But I finished it off with a square of dark chocolate, which improved my opinion of the wine quite a bit!

2 comments:

  1. How do you feel about Pinot Grigio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember ever having tried it. I bought a bottle last week (Cavit 2008) and had one glass, but I, uh, drank it out of a plastic cup in a party-type setting, so I don't have much to say about it yet. But you can expect to read about that one next!

    ReplyDelete